The past week has been very challenging for both John and myself. Each day is becoming harder for John, and we are beginning to make some big decisions about whether he needs to continue to work full-time. It is obviously taking it’s toll on him. For me it is very difficult to watch. There is not much more the doctors can do in terms of medication at this point. We are just praying for God’s mercy and provision for us physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
We continue to thank you, God, for these blessings:
1. The strength you have given and continue to give John. Allowing his heart to sustain him each day.
2. Answered prayer for a Godly friend and co-worker for John at work.
3. Our many friends and families who continue to pray for us each day and encourage us to not give up.
4. The people we don’t know who have heard our story and are praying for us.
5. The lives that are being changed, including our own, from experiencing this trial.
6. The hope, peace, and love we feel from Jesus each day.
7. The medical care John is receiving.
God, we ask you for these things this week:
1. To be with John’s heart donor and his family. For their salvation and that they feel your hope, peace, and love now and in the future.
2. Please give John strength physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Please help John to breath easier and get the rest he needs.
3. For wisdom in the decisions we have to make concerning John’s job. That we will not forget that You always take care of us and will continue to do so. That our priorities will be in line with Yours for our life.
4. That we will glorify You in this trial through our thoughts, words, and actions. That our lives will change so that we can be used for Your service in the future.
5. For a heart to come in your timing. Of the hearts that become available in the next few months, one will be a perfect match for John.
6. That our eyes never leave You.